Wednesday 26 October 2011

Why don't you get a job?!

Well, that is a bloody good question! Why don't I just get a job?!

My GOD, unemployment sucks balls!! I graduated from Aarhus School of Business in November 2010. I now hold a Masters in English interpretation and translation.

And what good has it done me so far!! Not much, I can tell you..

In Denmark the unemployment system works fairly well. I mean, you do get a lot of help, and you are sure that you will get financial support - to a certain point, at least. But once you have been unemployed for as long as me - almost a year (!!) - the system tightens its grip and makes it harder and harder to breathe. With this economy, there are no jobs to apply for.. Oh, wait. That is not entirely true. There are actually plenty of jobs to apply for and many of them are also very relevant to me. But somehow I manage to never get a job, in spite of the many, hundreds, thousands of application I have sent out this past year. "Sorry, the position has been filled", "we have received your application and found your competencies very interesting, but we have chosen another candidate, I'm afraid", "we are fully staffed", "we don't give a bloody rat's arse if you are unemployed, fully qualified and the next Messiah.. My cousin's son's best friend's sister just got the job".. I hate it!!

Please, just give me a job already! Lately, there have been so many jobs that I would kill for to get! I applied for a perfect job at the Danish worldwide company Bestseller, as an administrative sales supporter. I want that job! And I am going to hate myself for thinking like this - that I have to have this job! - because I am going to be sooooo disappointed and sad once I don't get it.

Now I am looking for more and more jobs to apply for. But it does not look promising, I am afraid. Well, right now I don't see a light at the end of the unemployment tunnel :(

No comments:

Post a Comment