Friday 28 June 2013

Operation Move: Step Two!

Today we picked up the key for our new apartment! Not really as excited as I thought I'd be.. Probably because we were told that is was completely impossible to get the key before Monday July 1st.. So we arranged for our movers-helpers-friends to come the following weekend. But now! We have an entire weekend ahead of us with no car to move our own stuff, loads of other plans and all we want to do it get started..

Anyway. We went down to check out the apartment again and brought my parents. They loved the place and made me feel a bit more excited about it. I am excited! Really!

Another thing that has helped the excitement along is my new posters! As I wrote about in a previous post, I was in love with these vintage camera posters and that they would look great in a simple, black frame with a white passe-partout around it. And tadaaaaaa! Today I picked up the posters from the graphic design store, and immediately put them in their frames. It looks absolutely amazing! Don't you think?


Vintageness


As I have gotten older, I have finally found out what kind of style I would like in my home. Luckily, my husband and I agree on a lot of those things. Sometimes he tells me I am going overboard with some stuff, but then he finds a plastic motorcycle in 1:24 and wants to put that in the prime spot in our living room. When it has been there for a while I get to put up more of my stuff! I actually think that it is so wrong not to let the man of the family have a say in what their home should look like. If he cares - which, let's face it, most men don't - then let him have a say! I hate those homes where it is so obvious that the woman has decided everything and there is no trace of a man living there. It is all white, beige and generic. If your man has a hobby and he wants to display it, let him!! For God's sake.. It is one of the keys to a healthy relationship. After a couple of years of being without any influence in his own home, the man will eventually struggle to find himself and at some point find himself estranged from his own life. I have seen it happen, and it is ugly! So what if he wants a big screen TV or big-ass speakers? The quality of the TV is great and the sound from the speakers is so much better, the bigger they are. So what, if he wants to put up little cars and motorcycles? As long as the colors match the rest of the stuff, who cares! What isn't the man thinking about the woman's stuff that she insists of putting up? This is my advice to women in the world; Let your man have a say if you want a happy, long and interesting relationship!

Speaking of going overboard with the stuff I like. I was recently given a reproduction of some old, vintage paper dolls called Big Marie and Little Marie. They refer to a Danish biscuit called Marie-biscuits and they are great :) Of course, when the biscuits were called Marie, a personification of them would be the only right thing to have. This reproduction would look great in a frame matching the camera posters and would look absolutely lovely over my new working-sewing-drawing station in the new apartment. So, naturally, the poster got fitted in it's frame and is ready to hang on one of my walls. It is too cute, I think! (Sorry for the dark photo!)


Vintageness


I think that was it for updates on the move. Looking at the pictures, trying to figure out where to put them, is getting me excited again about moving and starting over a new place. Hopefully this move will give us the kick in the face... no, butt... no, just kick, that we need to start changing our lives and make things happen for us instead of waiting for this things to happen to us.

1 comment:

  1. dear cousin i love your writings... you theory about relationships and stuff like that.... keep writing! and if you want to get rid of some of your furniture's, let me know! love from cousin sarah....

    ReplyDelete