Thursday 13 June 2013

You can do it! Believe in yourself! Action is the key to success!

I am a sucker for motivational posters, photos and snapshots. Not just motivational posters like "Action is the foundation of all success", but photos with all kinds of quotes like "Music is a safe kind of high".

The first thing I did when I changed phones from my iPhone to my current Samsung Galaxy SIII was to find a new android app, where you can download these kinds of backgrounds, screen savers and photos. I have so many that I don't know what to do with them.

Do I take the time to think about how this very clever quote applies to me and my life? Sure! Do I forget about it 10 seconds after I downloaded it? Maaaybeeee... Do I live my life as I am advised by these photos? Definitely not!

So why do they catch my attention like they do? There is just something about the wording of most of the photos that appeal to me. "Oh, I should have said that to my sorry excuse for a "best girl friend" when she told me to fuck off because I was going through a depression". "Oh, this is so cute, it reminds me of me and my dad when I was a child". "Oh, this is for my best friends in the world".

What the freak?! Why not just think of these things for myself, remember it and live by it?
I try! I have set the "Action is the foundation of all success" as my screen saver on my computer because I use that to write applications and find jobs I need to apply for. I use that specific background to remind that I need to do something - anything - before I can even think about being successful. If I sit around all day I'll never get a job, and this particular background actually helps and motivates me a wee bit more.
And I always manage to find loads of pictures that seem to describe a completely random situation just perfect.

So I guess I'll keep hording random pictures, posters, photos, images and whatnot :)

Some of my "favourites"


No comments:

Post a Comment